Friday, January 9, 2009

the Hawg Shed






This was probably the longest haul we ever made for lunch. From downtown KC to Buckner, MO was about 25 minutes. A long way too drive? Bah! When I heard from several reliable sources the Hawg Shed had a Cheeseburger to rival Hi-Boy, no amount of driving was going to keep me from disproving this obvious myth.
On arrival, I knew it was our kind of place. Literally not much more than a shed, the place offers a drive up.You place your order, drive around front, and someone will bring it out to you. We opted to sit on the porch (the only seating) dispite the fact it was about 30 degrees out. A friendly lady appeared at the window and gave the daily special, which was BBQ. I ordered the double cheeseburger.
Now, being a lifelong resident of Independence, I am a die hard Hi-Boy burger fan. It was going to take a lot to beat out my favorite. The Hawg Shed did not disappoint. I was great. Hand made daily, these burgers were the thinner patties that I like. Lots of cheese and nice crispy pickles. They use a sauce similar to Hi-Boy. The curly fries were good too.
My fellow Spooners will have to comment on the BBQ, but burger was on par, didn't beat it out, but on par with Hi-Boy.
I salute you.
Rating:

Food: 4 spoons
Service: 4 spoons
Kitch: 4 spoons
Bonus: The little pig statue out front and a little person brought me my food!
Location:
Hawg Shed Bar-B-Q on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment