Friday, January 23, 2009

Dixon's Chili


OK all you haters, let's just get this over with now. Dixon's Chili is an acquired taste. It's not like everybody else's chili. It comes 3 ways. Dry (just ground beef and beans), Juicy (meat, beans and bean juice), and Greasy (just like it sounds). You spice it how you want with the condiments on the table plus cheese and onions on request. Harry Truman liked it, why can't you? Just get over it.
Now, on with the rest. The chili spread is the shizz-net. Two tamales covered in chili plus sour cream and cheese. Mmmmmm.
But the real reason we go? All-You-Can-Eat tacos. Cheap in price, but not stingy on ingredients.
I once saw Fatfuckingwayne eat 27. I have been informed the current record is 36, set by an Independence Police officer. My usual is 9.
Food: 3 Spoons. It's plenty good.
Price: 5 Spoons. Kids eat free on Wednesdays.
Kitch: 5 Spoons. Old school diner, and you have to walk thru the kitchen to use the restroom.
Bonus: Home made pies.

MAP
Dixon's Chili on Urbanspoon

1 comment:

  1. I've been eating here since my parents started taking me when I was a kid.

    ReplyDelete