Thursday, January 22, 2009

Bill & Ann's MUGS UP





This particular review is going to be tainted by a severe case of sentimentality. Many a muggy summer night, i sat in the back of my Mom's Le Mans having a cool mug of MUGS UP root beer. As I grew older, I introduced my wife (one of reasons I married her, because she shares my love of a whiz burger) then my kids to this place. I found out that at one time MUGS UP was chain, and now the one in Independence is the only one left.
When the Greasy Spooners formed, I knew this would be one of our first stops. MUGS UP is a classic drive up, with waitresses that come out to get your order and those metal trays that latch onto your window. There are two kinds of burgers, the Zip and the Whiz. The Zip burger, means no cheese, and the Whiz with cheese. When I was kid, it was called a Whiz because they used Cheese Whiz. Now it's just cheese. Both are not really a patty, or really loose meat. I heard people liken them to Made-Rite burgers.
If you go, you HAVE to get a root beer. Big, frosty mugs of goodness until recently brewed in the basement.
For me, 5 Spoons across the board, baby.
MAP
Mugs Up Root Beer Drive in on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment