Friday, March 19, 2010

Swensons- Akron Ohio

This aint no crappy Sonic. I married an Akron girl and she introduced me to Swenson's. An old time burger drive-in with car hops. The Galley Boy is the signature hamburger which was tasty with a hint of bbq sauce (a little too sweet). The menu is very extensive, sloppy joes ,pork tenderloins,fried chicken, deep-fried cheesecake. The rings were very good and I got an inside tip you can order the rings "chopped." They chop up the onions then dip'em for a fried treat easy to eat. A great selection of drinks the Whip is their signature beverage a minty light whippy shake. I think Akronites love it more for the memories than I do for the taste but I do admit its pretty damn good. I think the smell of the onions on my cheeseburger overwhelmed me and distracted me from enjoying it as much as I should have. Now the next time I go back to Akron I have to try Sky-way their local rival. All in all I give it 4 spoons

No comments:

Post a Comment